What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- We log browser information (e.g. Internet Protocol addresses and browser types) to help diagnose problems with our server, gather broad demographic info and to administer our Site. We do not currently use this information to help identify you when you visit our Site.
- Committee, working and task group forums will be available for use by members of the applicable group only and will be accessible only by password. Forum and password registration will require that users provide the Behind the Scenes Foundation with identifying information (such as their name and email address) to permit access to and use of the forum.
- We may conduct online surveys and ask visitors for demographic information (e.g. zip code, age, etc.). We may use their contact information to uniquely identify the user so that duplicate surveys are not taken from the same person. We use this data to assess and develop the Behind the Scenes Foundation programs and services and to share with others on an aggregate basis.
- This Site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
How does the Behind the Scenes Foundation protect user information?
This Site has security measures in place, consisting of firewall and password protection only, to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
What about “cookies”?
Will the Behind the Scenes Foundation disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
- Demographic data collected from registration or surveys will be used only by the Behind the Scenes Foundation and its consultants on an aggregate basis. No data or personally identifying information will be shared unless your consent is specifically requested and received.
- We do not currently sell, trade, or rent the personal information that you provide. We may choose to do so in the future with trustworthy organizations, but if you would like to opt out of any disclosure you can by sending email to [email protected]
How does the Behind the Scenes Foundation allow users to update or change the information it collects?
- Users can correct their personal, contact, address and demographic data by contacting the Behind the Scenes Foundation’s headquarters by telephone at (212) 244-1421 or by mail at 630 Ninth Avenue, Suite 609, New York City, NY 10036.
- You may opt out of any disclosure we may make to third parties in the future by sending email to [email protected]
- We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under thirteen years of age. If you are under thirteen, please do not submit any information to our Site.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy.
What do you think?
The Behind the Scenes Foundation welcomes your feedback on privacy.
Send your comments to:
Behind the Scenes Foundation
630 Ninth Avenue, Suite 609
New York City, NY 10036